partridge or golden brahmas

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by brahmapapa, Jan 13, 2011.

1. brahmapapa

brahmapapa Chillin' With My Peeps

Does anyone know where i can purchase a small quantity of partridge or golden brahmas, either chicks or pullets, young birds, or even hatching eggs. I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance, Tom

2. wisewings

wisewings Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2010
    Cedar City, Utah
    Last year I got a beautiful buff brahma (LF) from "Healthy Chciks and more", one of the only places I could find that offered sexed large fowl buff brahmas. I don't know if this is the same as "golden" or not, but other than them messing up my order and sending light brahmas instead of the buffs, all went well. she was the "surprise" chick and I love her. she's beautiful, healthy. Hope that helps.

3. brahmapapa

brahmapapa Chillin' With My Peeps

thanks for the help, but a buff brahma and a gold brahma are very diffrent, a gold brahma is like a partridge brahma, where a buff brahma is columbia patterned with buff replacing the white.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Partridge Brahmas aren't something you just order as a chick, nor would people looking for them want such a thing from a hatchery.

Dee Mejstrik is a good show quality breeder of Partridges, even went to the Shawnee show last year to sell some of her adults. I believe you can look through the Brahma Club for contact info or ask someone on the Heritage Large Fowl Thread.

Ah, last I was told her email address is [email protected] ; She's from Iowa I believe.

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
  6. sugarbell99

sugarbell99 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2010
    Moscow, Pa.
    Quote:I don't know where you are located, but I purchased a very nice trio of LF Brahmas in Oct. The roo and one hen are partridge and the other hen is blue partridge. I plan on hatching eggs a little later on.

7. DEEINIOWA

DEEINIOWA Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2011
    Glenwood, Iowa
    I just found this thread about the Gold Brahmas. My email is [email protected] -- if you are still looking for the Gold or Partridge Brahmas. We are trying to get all breeders working on these varieties connected, so that we can get a qualifying meet in the future. Thanks, Dee Mejstrik, American Brahma Club district 5 director.

8. robertm

robertm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2013
    looking for a partridge brahma rooster if anyone has one for sale. just lost my dark brahma rooster in a storm. The ladies need a mate.
    Thanks,

9. DEEINIOWA

Oct 25, 2011
    Glenwood, Iowa

10. DEEINIOWA

Oct 25, 2011
    Glenwood, Iowa
    I have some Gold Brahma chicks out, from 1 month old to 5 day olds. My last hatch is due out on July 5th. I do not ship however, only sell from my farm or at shows i attend.
    If interested, email me at [email protected]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by