?Partridge Pendesenca...gallo o gallano?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by texastinsel, Oct 12, 2011.

1. texastinsel

texastinsel Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2011
    We are in love with our Pendesenca! Can y'all determine if it is gallo o gallano?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Roo.

3. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Definite roo.

4. kcaywood

kcaywood Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    A beautiful gallo.

5. chookiechickie

chookiechickie New Egg

Oct 12, 2011

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  6. texastinsel

Jul 5, 2011
    I am so sad...we live in the city and we will not be able to keep him. Any suggestions? He is so loving, inquisitive, and gentle. He even lets my five year old love on him.
    [​IMG]:hit

7. kcaywood

kcaywood Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    I'm so sorry ... it's very sad when this situation happens. Ask at the feed store in your city - they may know of people who take roosters to keep as pets. I was lucky enough to be referred to such a person here in CA ... I can even visit my roosters!

8. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Quote:Yeah...it really stinks, I'm sorry. I know CL can have some good chicken owners or you could advertise him on BYC, maybe someone lives near you.

9. texastinsel

Jul 5, 2011
    It just seems like there are so many roos that are homeless. I will have to start advertising, I suppose. Maybe it won't be too difficult...I live in Lexington, Kentucky. There are so many thoroughbred farms and cattle farms around here. I never thought I would be the girl from Dallas so attached to a chicken...but I am smitten!!! I am counting down the days until the arrival of my Euskal Oiloas. [​IMG]

If anyone knows anyone in this region who might be interested in this lovely rooster...please let me know. Thank y'all!! [​IMG]

10. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Keep him a while and maybe he's a quiet one. Some of 'em don't really feel the need to crow.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by