1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Partridge Penedesencas NY/VT

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Picco, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I have limited space and have decided to sell my partridge variety so I can separate my creles earlier to ensure purity. I only have two pens so its difficult to separate breeding trios with so many roosters. They are beautiful birds and were hatched 8/1/07. I have some pics, but its so hard to upload with dial up, so it may be a while before I can post them. I don't ship so it will have to be pick up or delivery. There is nothing wrong with them, I just want to focus on my creles and would like more space to do so. I'm located near Saratoga Springs, NY and travel across the state regularly.

I am asking $50/pair and may be interested in a trade. I could split the pairs up and offer as a trio also.

For more info on the breed checkout my personal page: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=848

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  2. Picco

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I really would like to find a home for these guys. I could send them to the auction but it would be a shame. If someone is interested in breeding them make me an offer. I have put a lot into these birds but at this point I just want to find a good home. I would love to trade for white egg layers, or a couple bantam cochins.

3. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    What would you want to trade for?

4. Picco

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I'd like a few pullets/young hens that lay the colors of eggs I don't have. I'd like a few ameraucanas, anconas or other white egg layers. White and blue/green layer hens wouldn't affect my penedesenca breeding pen because I could easily tell the difference in the eggs. I just don't have the space for another breeder pen and I would really like for someone to breed these pairs rather than breaking them up. They are so rare it would be a shame. I still have plenty of room for a few females. I'm also looking for a few broody banties, especially bantam cochins or silkies. And I'd really love to fin some modern game bantams.

5. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I could trade some white leghorns, bantam cochins, silkies, or an EE hen. I have other chickens but none I'm willing to give up.

6. Picco

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I sent you a PM [​IMG]

7. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    sent you one back

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by