1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Partridge Rock Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by PartridgeRckgal, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Your birds are lovely. Don't you just love how they look?? Why do you like Partridge Rocks? What's your take on their personalities? I'd have to say that ours are kind of shy, but so beautiful. We have two roosters and they crow very little. That's one of the reasons I'm keeping them around. We just have one hen, now, hatchery stock.

pair

[​IMG]

cockerels
    [​IMG]

chick
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  2. PartridgeRckgal

PartridgeRckgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Quote:Hi Gallusfarm. Thanks so much for sharing your PR photos. Your birds are beautiful!
    I do love them. My hens are just sweethearts. They are a little more shy than my Red Star hens, but my sons still carries them around like puppies. My roosters can be a little mean but if you don't act afraid of them, they are fine. They are very protective of their hens. My roosters crow a LOT!! We live out in the country so it isn't an issue. The hens are 2 years old and great layers and even layed right through the winter.

3. ckmjreynolds

ckmjreynolds Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2011
    I have 16 in the brooder (first time chicken owner) they are only 2.5 weeks old... So far we call them our little feathered or flying pigs.

Chris

4. PartridgeRckgal

PartridgeRckgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Quote:Hi Chris,
    You will just love them!! Keep us updated....we want to see pics of the new babies!!!

5. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    No one else has Partridge Rocks they want to show off??

6. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    I have one PR chick, maybe Ill post a pic so you can help me guess its gender. Your birds are very pretty!! I love the color, too. [​IMG]

7. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    This color variation is Very rare. You will only find at max 5 breeders if that with them. I have had my flock now for 3 years. This will be my first year with home bred chicks. Here is some more eye candy.

Fluffy butts
    [​IMG]

older
    [​IMG]

first summer
    [​IMG]

second summer
    [​IMG]

this winter
    [​IMG]

no new pics yet.

8. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    SWEET! now I know what all those little brown ones are in my new girls from McMurray! YES! I was hoping they were. I have noticed that some have more comb than others. Not too happy about that, because I will have to eat those. Cornish rocks are for eating... Pretty birds supposed to be for FUN and eggs!

9. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Great idea! Considering how endangered these are, this thread should be great! They are so beautiful.

[​IMG]

I will be watching this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by