Partridge Rock

Lynxmomma

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 13, 2010
Absarokee, Montana
Anyone got good pics of their Partridge Rocks so I can compare what I think is one) Mine. Im not sure if she is one or not she is still a chick well two months old. Thanks

Here's a chick, I think this was the girl..

36723_pr.jpg

Here's a pair, a little older.

36723_img_0505.jpg

I have partridge rocks and welsummers - - - They look very very similiar.

You have to look at the feathering to see the minor differences. The coloring is basically the same, but the feathering design is different.

The partridge rocks will have the partridge pattern showned on ascorbic's pics.
The welsummers will have the same coloring, but the design on the feathers will be more like a gold streak on the dark brown background on each feather.

They both have yellow feet. Their combs are the same. They are the same shade of brown. It is HARD to tell the difference until you see the two breeds side by side at the same age.

Show us a picture of your girl - - Sharol

Last edited:
This is my PR (assumed) Misty:
picture taken 8/3
60454_8-3misty.jpg

pic taken 8/2
60454_mistyside.jpg

comb:
60454_mistycomb.jpg

This is my Welsummer (Lisbeth) who I suspect may be a roo from the wing feathering and stance (and feet).
60454_lisbethcellphon.jpg

They were ordered as pullets, but we all know how that goes. they were 3 weeks old yesterday.

Quote:

Well you are going to have a pretty flock... Misty is def a PR, and the little Welsummer looks to be a girl... Sooo cute!

The first three pictures are the same bird. I have a GLW, and she is quite a bit darker.

This is the GLW:
60454_8-3vic3.jpg

Quote:

Last edited:
Thanks for the reassurance on the Wellie. She is quite an active bird and a real education to watch. She is very cute, a real gangly teenager.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom