Partridge Rocks

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Nana2KJS, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    Are there not that many breeders of the partridge rock out there? I have done repeated searches here and on the net, but haven't found a source for hatching eggs for this beautiful bird. Is there a reason for that? I just find it to be particularly pleasing, but maybe I'm missing something .. should I not want them? Info and opinions welcome!

2. blackdotte

blackdotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    I suggest you contact the Sec of the Plymouth Rock Club,
    Robert Blosl
    E-mail Address(es):
    [email protected]
    David

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Cybercat has Partridge Rocks

4. Jim from Cincinnati

Jim from Cincinnati Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hello....the Mount Healthy Hatchery which is located in Cincinnati, Ohio...has partridge rocks listed on their website

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    I would get a hold of Robert Blosl as suggested by blackdotte.
    You cold all so try posting you question at the Rock Club Board.

Chris

6. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Tammy a couple years ago I searched for high quality Partridge Rocks. Of the few breeders I found, none had anything available because they claimed they did not lay well. Now that list is long gone that I had of people I spoke with....but there were not many at all. I was really disappointed. Cybercat here on BYC has them and she seems to do well with them. I would suggest getting a hold of her and seeing what she has available. Otherwise, you can find them at some hatcheries. It depends on what you are looking for really.....a production bird or a show quality bird. I will be getting some, but am looking for production so will go to a hatchery.

7. QuailHollow

QuailHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

We have them, but, unfortunately - nothing for sale. [​IMG]

ETA: they are the larger heritage show type birds. It is true, that the bigger stock is not renowned for their awesome laying abilities.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
  8. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Finding PRs from a breeder is next to impossible. Your best bet for good decent birds is Mt Healthy where I got mine. Many top breeders recomened them for a hatchery due to the quality of their chickens. PR are one of the breeds they sell and they only sell a few breeds. I do know that in the PR club there are a few that now have them but most are not selling. ALBC has a breeder out in CO I have no idea if they still have them or not. Also Sandhill has them but they sell out fast too.

Like most with this breed I will not be selling this year as I am expanding my flock on demand of my hubby. Just got to love a husband like that. [​IMG] I might have some late summer but that is a big might. Sorry can not be of more help.

9. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I have a one year old hen that is very nice for sale. I don't work with this breed which is why she is available.

10. TimG

TimG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Maine
    Funny you should start this thread now, there is also this thread started recently (and which talks a bit about sources).

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by