Partridge Silkie hen x Rosecomb Roo= ???? What is your weirdest cross?

EggSpudition

Songster
9 Years
Feb 2, 2010
Boise
My Coop
My Coop
My Partridge Silkie (wilhelmina) has begun laying regularly- that I expected-- what I didn't expect is that our rosecomb rooster Ferdinand would be the eggy-daddy.

I have been collecting her eggs and softly lamenting the fact that the eggs I checked from her a week ago were unfertilized.
hu.gif
She is such sweet and adorably fluffly butt.
love.gif
But the idea that our roo would actually well-- pull it off so to speak was silly I thought.
tongue2.gif
He is half her size-- maybe if that..

So imagine my surprise today when I cracked into her eggs to make a spinach
droolin.gif
omlet and saw that each and every one had a bullseye bright as day. The egg practically screamed "IM FERTILE"
ya.gif
the minute I looked at it.

So now- hypothetically I wonder what it would look like and even more wondered about all the crazy crosses out there. I'd love to see everyone crazy cross breeds.

Here is a pic of my Winnie and Ferdinand.

CIMG7364.JPG

and Ferdinand

CIMG8002.JPG

lau.gif
gig.gif

I don't have a picture right now, but Mom is EE and Dad is a Gold Silkie. Poor baby has feathers of an EE, with long green legs that have large tuffs of feathers sticking out of them. She has a few feathers that stick up from the top of her head. She also has the extra toe. She is only about 12 weeks old now, I'm anxious to see what she looks like when she is grown.

Back
Top Bottom