Partridge Silkie M or F ??????

allmypeeps

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Maine
Okay, this is Monkie. S/HE is about 9+/- weeks old....

wondering if anyone can give a hint as to how to tell gender because I hear varying views, some say waddles mean male, while other say it doesnt matter either way depending on how fast the individual bird is maturing....so....just out of curiousity---what is majority vote?

27552_monkie_close_up.jpg

27552_monkie_close_up_2.jpg

27552_monkies_feet.jpg

Ok, I asked Arnold Swartzaneggar what his expertise opinion was reguarding the size of comb and he said: "it's just a toomah" LOL
lol.png

tongue.png

So is it true you really can't tell until they are 6 mo. ? It seems if Texas says that her 3-4 mo olds don't even have combs that big then all arrows would be pointing to MALE?
Ok, so the girl I have been hoping for is most likely a BOY. Darn! well, I hope he crows quiet or he will be living inside with daipers on because I am in the CITY! and am lucky I can have chickens at all!

roll.png

e

allmypeeps wrote: So is it true you really can't tell until they are 6 mo. ?

I can tell at around 1 1/2 to 2 months so you CAN tell before 6 months​

Last edited:
Mine are about the same age, and they have nothing like that! The area where their combs are are still pretty flat and black. One is raised a little, but still black. I was wondering about it, but after seeing yours, I am afraid you have a really pretty little roo.

I've heard the silkies are pretty quiet for roos.
fl.gif

Shelly

Quote:
I can tell at around 1 1/2 to 2 months so you CAN tell before 6 months

so.....you vote roo also?

Here he is next to my 5 week old light brahma pullet.

27552_monkie_and_nellie.jpg

27552_monkie_and_nellie_2.jpg

I don't know where that comb sprouted from, these are pics taken on 6/7 thats only like 12 days ago!

27552_monkie.jpg

Last edited:
I vote for roo. Sorry!

I have a white silkie roo and my husband says he crows at him every am. But it is kinda quiet - well compared to our RIR Roos!!! LOL! I am home all day and I have not heard him crow. (Granted, I am sound asleep when my husband leaves in the am!)

Back
Top Bottom