Partridge Silkie Roo/What ya think??

jen5680

Southside Silkie Shack
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
SW Ohio
Ok you silkie experts, give me the 411 on this boy. He is sooo sweet and of course looks better in person. Or should I say bird!! LOL!
34701_getattachment.jpg

This is a better picture of him.
34701_partridgeroo.jpg

Last edited:
He Looks very nice. Hard to really tell type from that angle, but he looks good. He has very nice coloring, I wouldn't breed him with a very light hen, as in the partridge males, you want as much black in the breast as possible. It's not often that you'll see such a nice dark-colored male. Could you get some additional photos of him?

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:
I can try and get some more tomorrow. I sent you a email about how to sex the partridge chicks. Your pm box is full by the way.
smile.png

This is the lucky lady I have him with. Thsi is a old picture of her but her color is still the same.
34701_cid_981.jpg

Last edited:
He's the first Partridge Silkie I've ever seen pictured here that was actually Partridge coloured. Can't tell much about his type.

oooh, he looks like my female silkie... she has a bit less red colouring, her's is like a skinny feather boa... but they are only 4 months yet

I have a hen and a roo with the same colouring as your female! lol

43249_silkies2.jpg

Beautiful!

Last edited:
Jenn,

I love his dark coloring! I'm not crazy about the partridge. They are all washed out and too buff ish for me but this is the 1st one I've seen where the colors pop!
Good job with him.

Brenda

Very nice, I love the partridge color. If I was going to have Silkies it would have to be true to color Partridge.
droolin.gif
love.gif
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom