Partridge Silkie Roo/What ya think??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jen5680, May 31, 2010.

1. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Ok you silkie experts, give me the 411 on this boy. He is sooo sweet and of course looks better in person. Or should I say bird!! LOL!
    [​IMG]
    This is a better picture of him.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  2. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    He's a looker. A keeper! I would breed him with a lighter hen. Voila! The real deal! [​IMG]

3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

He's pretty. [​IMG]

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    He Looks very nice. Hard to really tell type from that angle, but he looks good. He has very nice coloring, I wouldn't breed him with a very light hen, as in the partridge males, you want as much black in the breast as possible. It's not often that you'll see such a nice dark-colored male. Could you get some additional photos of him?

Edited for spelling.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  5. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I can try and get some more tomorrow. I sent you a email about how to sex the partridge chicks. Your pm box is full by the way. [​IMG]
    This is the lucky lady I have him with. Thsi is a old picture of her but her color is still the same.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  6. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    I think his coloring is dead on...He is a very handsome partridge.. And I love that girl!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    He's the first Partridge Silkie I've ever seen pictured here that was actually Partridge coloured. Can't tell much about his type.

8. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    oooh, he looks like my female silkie... she has a bit less red colouring, her's is like a skinny feather boa... but they are only 4 months yet

I have a hen and a roo with the same colouring as your female! lol

[​IMG]

Beautiful!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  9. brendapa

brendapa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2010
    Chester County, PA
    Jenn,

I love his dark coloring! I'm not crazy about the partridge. They are all washed out and too buff ish for me but this is the 1st one I've seen where the colors pop!
    Good job with him.

Brenda

10. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Very nice, I love the partridge color. If I was going to have Silkies it would have to be true to color Partridge.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by