1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

partridge wyandotte bantams, show quality?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Quailfamah, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Quailfamah

Quailfamah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    central maine
    hello all, i ahve theese 4 partridge wyandotte bantamsd that i hatched out last year from eggs i had purchased. i have 3 hens and 1 rooster. i was planning to show them last year but they were no where near old enough. im looking for any ones input on if any of theese ae show quality or not. i know the pictures arent the best but its what i could get. thanks fopr any help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    They don't look bad based on the pics. Tail carriage may be high but it could be that they were stirred up, the lacing on the hens looks nice and crisp and leg color looks clean. Combs look nice and tight. they have a lot of Plusses in thier favor, it would also depend on how many they were competing with, how well they are conditioned, and how easily they can be handled.

3. Quailfamah

Apr 25, 2010
    central maine
    thank you, any other input?

4. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    They look pretty good to me also. Really nice looking male in my opinion. The females are a little small of stature but carry themselves well and have very nice pencilling. Decent heads also.
    Show em...see how you do. You might do great with them, just depends on what the other birds in the class look like but I think these could hold up pretty well.
    Here is a pic of a female a friend of mine raised and showed this year, notice the deep body type on her.

[​IMG]

5. Quailfamah

Apr 25, 2010
    central maine
    thanks

6. Quailfamah

Apr 25, 2010
    central maine
    anymore input?

7. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    I've seen worse. The colour on the females is nice but their heads are a bit narrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by