Pat Mcaffee

Chirping
Jul 23, 2017
I have two Partridge Wyandottes, a male and a female, and they have both done exceptionally well at county fairs and I've decided I need to breed them and hatch their eggs - one problem, the female has laid one egg in the past six months after coming home from fair. Our coop is not very well ventilated and she is on a lower protein food that I know we need to replace with higher protein food. She is two and a half years old and still very active. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get her to lay more? Currently she is in a rabbit cage with straw down.

I have two Partridge Wyandottes, a male and a female, and they have both done exceptionally well at county fairs and I've decided I need to breed them and hatch their eggs - one problem, the female has laid one egg in the past six months after coming home from fair. Our coop is not very well ventilated and she is on a lower protein food that I know we need to replace with higher protein food. She is two and a half years old and still very active. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get her to lay more? Currently she is in a rabbit cage with straw down.
Yes up the protein but slowly... Get the coop better ventilated.
Would it help if I placed her cage outside during the day and put a fan on her at night?

Update: I candled the egg today and it's developing great. The shell is lighter so it is interesting to really see whats going on unlike my rhode island red and barred rock eggs. I'm a bit worried that it was so light but there was definitely a chick developing in the egg and floating around that was about the right size. Super excited!

Back
Top Bottom