Partridges?

larush

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 3, 2014
oHIo
Can anyone help me with what breed these girls are? I was thinking partridge rock, but they seem a little dark? The first pic is the lighter one as a chick. They're approximately 11 weeks old now.

They came from a random pullet bin from Rural King, I'm not sure which hatchery they order from. Also from that random bin we picked 2 light brahmas and 2 Rhode Island reds.

They came from a random pullet bin from Rural King, I'm not sure which hatchery they order from. Also from that random bin we picked 2 light brahmas and 2 Rhode Island reds.
Then they could be some sort of hybrid, especially since they came from a mixed bin. There are Partridge Rocks that are darker, but yours, as I said before, are more barred. From what I can see, it looks like a Rhode Island/ Barred Rock, but that would make a Black Sex-Link. Could be a Black Sex-Link cockerel, I suppose, but the comb is rather small, and usually they look like Barred Rocks. Sorry I can't be more helpful, maybe someone else will think of something.

That's not barring, it's a stage partridge birds go through as juveniles. The coloring evens out to the more laced look as they mature. I'm thinking partridge Rocks. I have one very light and one dark like this....bless hatchery quality lol.

That's not barring, it's a stage partridge birds go through as juveniles. The coloring evens out to the more laced look as they mature. I'm thinking partridge Rocks. I have one very light and one dark like this....bless hatchery quality lol.

LOL that's what I was thinking too. Thank you for the reassurance! I looked up barnevelders yesterday and thought it was a possibility, but the coloration/pattern of the chicks didn't line up with what my girls looked like as wee little babes.

Back
Top Bottom