1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Party in the Chick Pad!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by basicliving, May 22, 2008.

1. basicliving

basicliving Keepin' the sunny side up

Mar 20, 2008
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I woke up this morning and ran in to check on one of my weaker chicks, and heard a bunch of LOUD cheaping going on. I caught all of them in the middle of a wild party! [​IMG] They had trashed the place! Both feeders were empty and the food was all over the brooder. I caught several in the act and they just looked up from the feeders with stunned looks on their faces. The water is full of pine chips and their mirror is flipped over. I scolded them and when I came back 5 minutes later they were all sleeping off the night of wild partying. I told them I would not tolerate this type of behavior - and I swear I saw a few of them roll their eyes! If they weren't so darn cute......... [​IMG]

Penny

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG] Sheesh! Chicks these days... [​IMG]

3. basicliving

basicliving Keepin' the sunny side up

Mar 20, 2008
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I KNOW! You do all you can to raise them right, and then they go and pull an all nighter. Honestly......

4. normajean

normajean Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Howell, MI
    HILARIOUS!!
    I think mine have done that a time or two [​IMG]
    Along with the hound dog pups that I found on the side of a deserted highway....they thought it would be wonderful to put their kibble on the ground, dump their water and eat soft food....I think they were trying to tell me something !

5. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    That's way to funny!

6. pookiethebear

pookiethebear Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Must have been the moon last night as mine were a bit roudy last night as well. The feeder was on the floor of the brooder and they were going nuts!

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    When we first got chicks, I was so amazed at how rambunctious and crazy they were, just like you described. They inspired my screen name - I had decided they weren't Buff Orpingtons - they were Buff Hooligans!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by