Pasco County Florida - 2 free chicks. Pick up only.

Elwar

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
Hudson, FL
So, I went to get my chicks this weekend. A high school 4Her was the one selling the chicks and was very proud of his farm, he gave us a great tour and showed us all of his animals that he works very hard every day to take care of by himself.

He had straight run chicks, which we wanted to end up with 2 or 3 hens, so we figured we'd get 6...so that the chances would be 50-50 that we'd get about 3 hens.

Then he mentioned that he could kinda tell which ones were hens but he had to say straight run because he gave one lady 50 chicks and one turned out to be a rooster.

So, based on this we decided we only wanted 4...figuring if only one was a rooster then we'd be ok...and we could handle 4 chickens in our coop.

So we're all set to go with our 4 chicks and he comes in and gives us an extra 2...kinda an "on the house" type of thing. We didn't have the heart to tell him that 6 hens would be way too many for us...

So, before we get attached, we want to give away two chicks to a good home nearby. I live in Hudson, Florida...between New Port Richey and Spring Hill on the Gulf coast.

The two chicks are what they called "Georgia Browns" a cross between a rhode island red and a leghorn. He called them "production" birds because they produce a lot of eggs.

I'm pretty confident in his hen picking ability, so I would say that I'm 95% positive that they are two female chicks.

Here are the two gals.
smile.png

33375_2chicks.jpg

Quote:
Sounds good...they're growing so fast and 6 are so many. I've been having a hard time getting their coop built with all of this rain.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom