Passenger airplane crashes in New York

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by The Chicken Lady, Feb 13, 2009.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
  2. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

May God rest their souls and be with their family during this time..

3. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Wow how awful. That twice in NY now. One plane crash in the Hudson, everyone survives. Then this one and no one makes it. [​IMG]

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    my DH called me from work and told me. prayers for the families going out all day today.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I know it's cold there, but I'm watching the interviews and the sun is shining... they are saying that the wings got iced up? Was there fog?

I've been to Buffalo, but only in July.

Sorry just noticed it happened at 10:30 last night.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  6. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    wow that's terrible. [​IMG]
    Prayers for the families. God bless them all! [​IMG]

7. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    Hi all,

I live in Lockport NY. This crash was 7 miles from my house. Our community is devastated. We are heart broken beyond words for the families who have been touched by this tragedy.

Our first responders here in WNY are among the best in the nation. These volunteers where on scene within minutes. Our EMS was activated and our trauma hospitals were fully staffed within minutes of notification. Our police, our firefighters, our search and rescue are the most incredible people on earth. As they say, they run into the building when everyone else runs out. They proved that yet again. They are all distraught that they could not save anyone, or sadly, that there was no one left to save.

It seems sometimes that there are a lot of negative things said about New York, especially Buffalo. We seem to get bashed all the time. I've lived here all my 44 years- and I have to say- no one steps up to help out like a Buffaloian. They don't call us the city of good neighbors for nothing. As I have seen time and time again, we will band together, weather the crisis, and come out a tighter, stronger community.

To compound the loss, I work in a school and one of our student's parents was killed in this tragedy. We have had crisis intervention and disaster drill all day to ensure the emotional safety of our children. Our teachers are second to none when it comes to taking care of all our children.

God rest the souls of those lost and cradle the hearts of those left to suffer the unimaginable sense of loss.

Thank you to everyone who is praying for these families and our community.

Michele

8. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Michele -- I am so sorry for the loss of your school parent. My heart and prayers go out to everyone affected by this tragedy.

Just a few months ago, a military plane crashed a few miles from my mom's house in San Diego. My brother heard at school that a plane had crashed in University City (our suburb) and he was terrified that our house had been hit. Fortunately, everything was okay -- but it could just have easily not have been.

It's not something that anybody should have to go through... especially a child. I hope that your community and those who lost loved ones today knows that everyone in the rest of the country is thinking of you, and praying for your hearts to heal.

9. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    Quote:Farmergal,
    Thank you for you kind words. I am sorry to hear yourfamily went through a very frightening experience. I am so glad everyone was ok.

10. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

When I heard that on the news I was horrified. The night before I had a dream that a small plane came down and everybody on board died, and then I hear that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by