Passing water

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Lindsay1976, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Lindsay1976

Lindsay1976 In the Brooder

May 13, 2019
    My girl is passing clear water. Seems off her food, drinking loads and she only laid 2 eggs in ages. Like over a month. She seems to be coaching her fellow feathered friends tho as when they coo while laying she's in there shouting loads. There normal food turmeric garlic herbs ect. Am I missing something or just overly worried about nothing please xx

Attached Files:

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Enabler

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    They may have watery droppings when drinking a lot of water in hot weather. But drinking a lot reminds us to check the crop for emptying normally overnight, in case there is a crop problem. Sometimes we don’t know what the problem is until a necropsy can be done after death. You can try to get some droppings checked for worms or other parasites if you can collect some overnight in a dog crate on some puppy pads.

You might want to try giving her a small cooked rice with buttermilk or a little plain yogurt for a couple of days to see if it firms her droppings. Cottage cheese also might work.

I had a hen once who was a false layer, who would go into the nest box every other day for an hour, and pretend to lay an egg. She had watery droppings for over a year for unkown reasons. I gave her with some extra cockerels to a friend for butchering, so I never knew her problem.

Lindsay1976 likes this.
  3. Lindsay1976

Lindsay1976 In the Brooder

May 13, 2019
    She's getting some protein and cheese n yogurt but she's bit of a diva n won't eat from food trays. N cooking her would be slim pickings lol. Also the all wormed xx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: