past due turkey eggs

turkey lover

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 12, 2013
eggs should have hatched on the 28than of April.still nothing no pipping hole or crack or anything,my hen is doing the sitting an i have candled them last week,an still see movement,any ideas out there

A.T. Hagan

Don't Panic
12 Years
Aug 13, 2007
North/Central Florida
If they are four days overdue and you aren't even seeing any pipping then chances are they are a loss.

But if a hen is sitting on them then what would be the harm of giving them another couple of days? The timing may be off and they aren't ready yet.

abbaschickens

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 13, 2010
Hartman, AR
Can u candle the eggs and see and signs of life? I had some slow Hatchers that got a slow start or got cool at some point during the broody time. Good luck.

turkey lover

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 12, 2013
i candled some last night but the eggs are so full i cant really see any thing ,I'm so sad,and worried,my poor baby chick might not make it i haven't seen her off the eggs,when i candled like 4 last night,I'm just not to sure what i should be seeing,if they are so big in the egg will thay have room to move around,cause before when they was small i could see life

abbaschickens

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 13, 2010
Hartman, AR
If you tap the egg do you hear scratching or peeping? If it was me and they didn't hatch by tomorrow. I would open one and see. It may mean loosing one of you have the date wrong or it may save your hen's life getting off the eggs.

turkey lover

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 12, 2013
so i tapped on the eggs like you said to do i can hear a little peep,an also some scratching in side maybe i have a wrong setting date,guess as long as i hear life in side i need not worry ,i hope,
hu.gif

Top Bottom