1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pastor junior outfished the old man.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PastorSBC, Apr 18, 2009.

1. PastorSBC

PastorSBC Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2009
    SEMO
    My son Drew will be four in may. We baught him a zebco 202 for easter and today was the first day we could go fishing. I gatherd up some worms and was thinking that a few perch on that zebco would be a good way for him to break it in. I cast it for him and he realed in a perch and I thought that this is great. we had been practicing casting in the yard and he wantd to give it a try without my help. He cocked that rod back and pushed in the butten and give it a fling. It went about ten feet and I though that he sould probably recast but I decided to let it go. I noticed his bobber begin to bounce and I said you got a fish and he began to real and the fish popped off. I thought o well and all of a sudden this huge bass jumps out of the water and eats his bobber. he began to real and some how some way the fish ate the hook too. turned out to be five pounds and this soft old man is going to be out some money. I have caght a lot of good fish but the smile one his face when he got it in the the excitment that followed makes all mine seem small. He has been talking all day about how he didnt need any help when he cast.
    what a day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    very cute!!!! [​IMG]

3. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I love the ginormous "Look what I did!" grin.

4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    You are a lucky lucky man indeed, What a great day for both of you.
    ( *patting you on the back*)

AL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by