Pasty bum

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LillianMae, Mar 18, 2013.

1. LillianMae

LillianMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    So Igot all of the stuff off of Earl Grey's bum, but a little bit of the down came off with it. Will he be ok? I've never had issues with this before so I don't know. Thanks, Lillian

2. Megan Amber

Megan Amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Yup! No worries, He will be okay,just make sure he stays clean!

3. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    Whew! That's a major relief! I already lost the runt this morning. I was expecting it because the bigger guys weren't letting her get much food (I made sure she did), but also though I think she may have had something before I got her because she was lethargicy. Anyway's though, Earl Grey is the last type I have of Cali Grey's so I really want him to live. Plus I really love all of my baby chickies:D So he'll definitely be fine?

4. Megan Amber

Mar 13, 2013
    I am pretty sure he will be. Like I said just make sure he stays clean and should be well in the land of chick! Sorry about the one you lost, he died happy!

5. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    Thanks:) Yep she's in a better place now. I have to get started cleaning out my barn and predator proofing it. It's going to be there coop. Me and my dad have to build a big run for them too. I'm probably going to hatch some next year with a broody hen if I have any. I am also going to show one of my chicks this year when they're bigger

6. Megan Amber

Mar 13, 2013
    That sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy your chicks to the fullest and don't be afraid to throw out any more questions, someone around here should be able to answer you!

7. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    Yep don't worry, I'll ask as many questions as I need to:D I've raised chicks my whole life but it's been a couple years since we last had them:)

8. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    One more question, is it normaly for them to, after you've fixed the problem, sort peck pack there sometimes? Only the chick who had the bottom problem, pecking near his own rearend?

9. Megan Amber

Mar 13, 2013
    Yeah pretty normal. It may just be sort of itchy where the fluff was pulled off. You could take a tiny little bit of vaseline or something and put it on him if you want.

10. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    Ok, I'm glad it's nothing bad. I probably won't put anything on him because if he sits on one of the other chicks while they're asleep I don't want one of them to eat it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by