Pasty butt question for newbie

ashley6391

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2015
Hi! I just got my chicks on Tuesday I believe they are a week old and they are doing good so far! I do have 1 question, 1 of them had pasty butt a couple days ago and I took a warm wet cotton ball and got it off and have kept an eye on her, she seems to be Doug fine now. Should I give them some plain yogurt just to be safe? They are on nutrena chick starter grower medicated feed.

-thanks!

Hi! I just got my chicks on Tuesday I believe they are a week old and they are doing good so far! I do have 1 question, 1 of them had pasty butt a couple days ago and I took a warm wet cotton ball and got it off and have kept an eye on her, she seems to be Doug fine now. Should I give them some plain yogurt just to be safe? They are on nutrena chick starter grower medicated feed.

-thanks!

Welcome to our flock!
welcome-byc.gif
They should not need yogurt. Be sparing giving dairy to chickens anyway. They have trouble digesting it and it can cause diarrhea. Just keep an eye on butts, and put a little vasaline on cleaned vent of pasted chick. Make sure they always have plenty of fresh clean water that isn't too warm, but not cold.
smile.png
Happy chickening!

Back
Top Bottom