Pasty Butt????

lagriega

Songster
6 Years
Sep 24, 2014
I have a 4 week old chick that had pasty but I caught it early and cleaned him/her up and he is still getting some white color on his vent. I did put vasline on the feathers under the vent when I got him cleaned up. He is the only one out of the 9 that I hatched that is having a problem. It is almost like some liquidy poop seeps out and stays there. I have seen him make a normal poop many times so I am not seeing any actual diareah. Do you have any input on this and advice of what I should do. I think it is about 1 week now this is going on. The vent has remained open becasue I am checking on it and cleaning if needed and the bulid up is not that covering....and realyy the vent was only covered the one time and now it is not the vent that has the white color on it it is a little bit in the feather fluff under and on the side of the vent! I did originally clip some of the fluff off around the vent and the shinnyness is from the vasaline. He/She is eating and drinking like all the rest and seems to be fine other than this!

As long as the vent isn't 'glued' shut, there is no cause for worry. Some chicks are a bit more prone to getting stressed out, and will have a bit of runny poo every now and then. Deep breath. Vent pasted over = big problem, needs attention right away. Bit of poo stuck to the down = no worries, it happens sometimes.

Thank You......will keep a check on it daily to make sure vent does not get pasted over.

Back
Top Bottom