Pasty rear-ends meant a spa day for the girls

gillianmomx5

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 30, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Okay, so I got 12 new baby "girls" on Friday and have noticed that the BR's are much more prone to having pasty rears than my RIR's. Today was a "spa day" for all who needed a litttle bath to clean their tushes. They actually seemed to like the warm water and didn't mind being cleaned. I brought all of them in and washed the four that needed the most attention. They seemed just fine and dried off pretty quickly. We are in Arizona, so it is not extremely cold like some of you are getting around the country. Thanks to all of you out there, I am learning so much from this site. I feel quite empowered and confident that we are doing something that will bring years of enjoyment to our family. We have even been able to name a few of the girls and are looking forward to naming them all. So far we have QB(quarterback for the white markings under her eyes -BR), Curious Georgia (BR - gets into all going on), and Henny Penny (BR -the noisiest and smallest of the girls). Can't wait to post a couple pictures. Our brooder light (red heat light) makes it hard to get a good picture of them. I hope to bring them outside when its warm in the afternoons and get a few good shots of them. Soon...

If you are good and confident with scissor or clippers, you can trim away a little of the fuzz butt after they fluff back up from their bath. This will help prevent RE-bath time. I did some of mine this way but I also use scissors every day because I am a dog groomer so cleaning butts is nothing new for me.

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Lots of great info here!! Also lots of great (and funny
gig.gif
) people!!

Cindy

Back
Top Bottom