Pathetic

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by herfrds, Jan 3, 2013.

1. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    That is the only word that comes to mind when I think of my co-workers.
    Got one new guy who just busts his backside and is just awesome to work with. Love this guy!
    Got 2 other guys that I just want to beat my head on the wall over and yes I have done it.
    The one guy was standing there and said there was nothing to do. So I told him that the front doors and windows can be washed, he walked off. The customers in line asked if that meant he was not going to do them. Yep. Lazy is the best discription for this guy.

Found out today that I was accused of bullying this other new guy. Which surprised me, since I explained to him the closing procedure for the store, I barely even talk to this guy. Only thing I can think of that caused this rumor.
    This Monday the milk was late coming in due to the milk truck breaking down. I had put out all the milk out I could when the truck finally arrived. Here came this guy with a cart with the milk I had already worked not 5 minutes before. I told him I had already worked it. He left the cart sitting there in the way and left.
    Another new girl asked if she could do anything.I asked her to get the milk back in the cooler and out of the way. Another co-worker asked if I needed help putting out the milk. I said yes.
    Then the floor manager came up and said she wanted this new guy to put out the milk, but he was no where to be found.

How am I suppose to know what she wants done when she won't talk to me? that is all of them pretty much.

I did talk to the owners about being accused of bullying this guy. Owner said he is the heavy and will be the heavy with this guy. Told the owner I had never bullied this guy and I barely even speak to him. Was told to not worry about it.
    I just happened to catch movement behind me and there was the floor super listening to our conversation. They all evesdrop on any conversation I am having with anyone.

I like these owners, but if I can find a different job I would quit here because I am getting pretty sick of this crap. No wonder they cannot keep hard working people around, we just get sick of the crap.

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Just be kind and sweet no matter what happens and you will be smelling like roses when their true colors come through and they will have to rest in the bed they made.

(!)

Hang in there - everybody notices when someone works hard. As in you.

3. herfrds

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Rather funny comment was made to me by a couple different customers. One said everytime they come in the store they find me cleaning the front windows. Another said they always see me with a smile on my face.

This is pretty much the only place I rant about them.

For the most part I do not listen to what they tell me. I had my co-workers tell me some nasty stuff about one of the customers, but after getting to know this customer I figured my co-workers are full of crud. Customer is a nice person even if they are different.

4. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I work in one of the big box stores, so lot's of employees (120 at any given time) and super high turnover, since it is retail. The company is great though, as far as box stores go.

Don't concern yourself with the work ethics of others. Just do what you do. It becomes plain enough to the bosses who's worth something and who isn't. Our bosses will sit and watch the video monitors to see what we're up to when no one is watching. More than a handful have been written up for chatting in groups and ignoring customers.

I could get mad about feeling like I do everything. Frustrated that the closing crew should have emptied the trash or zoned better. Aggravated that customer service is always calling me to do something someone else could do. Would I want to call someone else if I knew I was nearby? No, I'd call me too. LOL

Smile, laugh, chat up customers while working on something. Ignore the lazy people, they'll drag you down. It's retail, nothing serious, nothing stressful, nothing life altering. Rude customer? Smile. Make them feel a little silly if you can. I'll pull the girl card in a hot second.

Really, all it is is stock the shelves, throw the doors open, and sell stuff. Can't sell it if it isn't on the shelf, keep stuff moving. Keep it clean and labeled. Ignore the tomfoolerary of the useless workers, they won't be there long. They tend to float from job to job. Never getting the recognition they think they deserve for something.

It's harder when the bosses are no good. I lucked out this time. They know a good worker when they see one, so I get to do what I do with little to no supervision, just a list, if anything. They know I do stuff without needing to be told.

Unless you're a boss, there is no reason to concern yourself with what the others are doing. It's really not that serious. Just do what they pay you to do, to the best of your ability. No one else matters, that's their life to worry about. We have some people, they work hard. But they complain about it every step of the way, and they're so negative and so worried about everyone else. Why? I don't get it.

5. herfrds

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    I normally ignore these lazies. I did about totally blow up one Saturday though. The store was super busy. The person at the till kept ringing for help. When I got to work and asked what had been done only 3 things had been done.
    Figured ok.
    So I just jumped in with both feet and took off. What really got my temper going was the people who were in the back smoking, texting, chatting or hiding in the back for half an hour or longer!
    Talked with the store manager about what happened. Was told to talk to the owners. Talked to them. Next Saturday got to work and the owners are there and surprise surprise everything was done.

I had to laugh later because they set themselves up for a fall by hiding in the back. I was at the till a few weeks later ringing our help bell. Nobody would come out of the back to help. Owner came in saw what was going on and opened up another till to check customers through. Told me to ring the bell, which I did, I don't do a single ring but 3 or 4 rings. Nobody comes out.
    Owner goes to the back and yells at the clerks in the back that help was needed up front.
    Nobody came to the front for over 5 minutes. I timed them. Owner was ticked!
    Got a whole new set of rules but I doubt they will do anything.

One thing that really bugs me is how disrespectfully these people are to the owners. My floor supervisor is always bad mouthing them. Yeah the owners know it too.

6. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Wow. you know, after a while you really find out who your real friends are. When you have to work with them. prayers, stay strong, and don't take it too personal. [​IMG] I know how you feel though. When someone acts like a jerk to you, you're just like [​IMG]lol

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Two things I hate about working with people: backstabbing and gossip. Used to bother me but now I'm too old to worry about what people think or do. I do my job and go home.

8. herfrds

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Daddas there was one person there who I did consider a friend and had them on FB, but I found out how this person was not a friennd. I unfriended them and I stay away from them. They used to try this bullying technic on me, where they would walk and force me to have to stop or move out of the way. After putting up with that for about a week I had enough and acted just like them and literally almost ran a cart into them. They got the hint I was done putting up with their attitude.

On a good note I got to work tonight with the guy I love to work with. We were both not happy with the apperance of the store. Dirt everywhere and bits of trash laying around. Well he took the dust mop and went all over the store cleaning the aisles. I picked up the entrance rugs and took them outside and shook them out. Found where a co-workers cup of coffee had been dumped and I mopped it up along with mopping the entrance. We were also busy checking customers out too. We both felt better getting the store looking nicer.
    Really wish we had had about an hour with just cleaning the store. I bet we would have gotten a lot more done. I was out sick for a few days and saw the glass doors tonight. Know what I am going to be doing tomorrow LOL!

9. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Good for you to stick up for yourself! One of my "friends" and I were kind of forced to be friends. (I was his cousin's best friend) so we would always hang out. We would laugh and joke around. Well, one day, he asked me out. I was really considering his offer, then his cousin (my best friend) pulled me away and then said that he had a gf already and just wanted to make her jealous. Well, guess who didn't get a date that night! HIM! [​IMG]I was (almost) flattered, by thinking he must think I'm pretty enough to compete with his gf, but I was still really mad. I asked him if it was true about what his cousin had said, and he said yes and quickly left to go home. That was about 3 years ago, he has not said 1 single word to me in 3 years! I am willing to be his friend again, if he is. I think he is almost ashamed to speak to me, and still feels bad about what happens. He no longer has a gf, and I have already forgiven him in my heart, but he won't ever talk to me now. Idk what to do about it, cause he really is a nice guy, but we just don't get along now. It's sad, and maybe someday we will make up and be friends, but I will never date him,, after he broke my heart like that, he just cannot be trusted.

I'm glad that you had a little bit of fun at work! Keep up the joyful attitude! [​IMG]

10. herfrds

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Going to be a great week! I get to work with this guy all week!
    We were being silly tonight and were joking around. The customers were getting into it too. It was so funny all of us giving each other a bad time.

That former friend actually spoke to me today! I about fell over. It was to tell I had someone looking for me. This is the first time this co-worker has spoken to me in like 2 months.
    Floor super wasn't talking to me at all today. I just ignored them and found as much to do as I could.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by