patience is NOT my virtue....me what do I know.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crazypoultrychx, Feb 20, 2014.

1. crazypoultrychx

crazypoultrychx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    New Orleans LA
    oh help me help me please.....this is the first time trying to hatch turkeys.....second time incubating eggs......I almost lost my ever loving mind waiting on my first batch of chickens now Im about to smash my turkey eggs for lack of patience.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgg....................so I started my turkey egg on jan 25th ....with a new bird and I am also new to all of this.....btw.......and did I mention the lack of patience......so as my turkey hen laid an egg a day.....and I put them in the bator one at a time.....I have pretty good records.......however............my first egg is not even peeped..I have two bator running and I started moving the eggs to the other bator on feb 18th......as the research sd to take them out of the turner on the 24th day.........I have candled them and they look viable,fertile, and growing.......but my first one "should of hatched today..............[​IMG].........I dont know what I AM DOING.......[​IMG]......they have been in the secondary bator for 4 days and NOTHING....no peeps......no movement.........my research said to take them out of the turner at 24 days and let them sit........they have sat for 4 days and I havent turned them or touched them.........the bator is at 99.5 degrees and still nothing...........plenty of water.....almost totally lockdown......but due to my lack of PATIENCE i have been adding an egg a day for the last 3 days and still NOTHING..................[​IMG].................did I mention...............[​IMG]...........someone please...............tell me what to do.............[​IMG]

2. alaskanchickens

alaskanchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2014
    South central Alaska
    I know how you feel! Lack of patience is eating at me to and I'm only on day 6 of my hatch! As with any kind of poultry it could take a day or a little longer for them to hatch because of different variables like temp to high/low. Since you've been opening the bator to place new eggs have you candled any(not moving them just placing the flashlight in the bator against large end of egg to look for internal pips)? I have never incubated turkeys but my sister has and said with both her ducks and turkeys they started pipping a day after she thought they were supposed to. It could be that first one was a dud too, maybe the next ones will hatch. Just hang in there! Good luck!

3. crazypoultrychx

crazypoultrychx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    New Orleans LA
    am I supposed to move them on the 24th day or should I just let them stay in the incubator with the turner until the 28th day.....someone please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

You sto turning 3 or 4 days before hatch. Can't remember the exact time for turkeys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by