Patience wearing thin...

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
really really thin....

I am watching my friends kiddo (Noah)..who is fine..he sometimes doesnt listen like most kids...

my neighbors kids' are here; ages almost 3, 7 and 9...they have been here for eons today...
I fed them lunch..as they dont have much supervision at home..so they said they were running
low on food..so I fed them...they are still here...

they hv a very very very hard home life...they are the *alleged drug dealers* of town...
the girl is very nice...the boy is very loud..the almost 3 yr old..is still in diapers and sucks a pacifier and
rarely talks...keeps coming in the house...
she is often here w/o another sibling...
they really dont watch them well...

they are all outside screaming..playing..very loud...

I'm trying to work..but if I bring my 2 girls in..then Noah comes in...then the other three you would THINK
would go home...but they'd keep coming back...knocking and knocking..even when I say no..they'd keep it up..

they arent doing anything WRONG persay..I'm just a li'l cranky today...

I didnt plan on watching three extra kids..
I didnt plan on feeding three extra kids...
I didnt plan on NOT being able to can my tomatoes..which HAVE to be done today..
I didnt plan on NOT being able to pickle my cucumbers which HAVE to be done today..
I didnt plan on having five eggs being broken and left all over the deck due to whomever gathering eggs..and dropping them..
I didnt plan on having a neighbors dog attack a chicken of mine today...
I didnt plan on having said neighbors dog be here all day because he got out and they arent home..(so we kept him safe til they got home)..
I didnt plan on having two overnight orders and a two day which requires a trip to a town 45 min one way...by 530pm...
I didnt plan on it starting to rain so the kids will eventually have to come inside soon...

maybe I'm going crazy....
tomorrow; is hubby an I's last date day/eve until after the new year...our biz is starting to pick up Thank you God! Tomorrow we are taking
off about 1pm and are going to have a good early dinner later on..THEN watch a cardinals game at busch stadium..we've had these tickets for months now!

but for now..I'm going crazy...

I can relate!

I used to have half the neighborhood here for meals and free day care....

I broke the cycle by first working else where for a week, the parents suddenly discovered they had kids, I would take stuff and take my kids to the park or pool etc.

Then I would announce it was lunch time here and time for all the extra kids to go home and not come back before ___ time.

It is harder when you know the kids do not have a safe place to go home too, but you also have to protect yourself from having your kids exposed to that unsafe home too.

Our house is grand central station and I get tired of it... but I'd rather have my kids at home, so sometimes I have to suffer with the neighborhood kids. Our food bill in the summer is unbelievable.. .but this too shall pass, eventually they'll all grow up.

I lost it...when I went down to work; they were all outside...they ALL came inside and I heard tromping of li'l feet down my hallway..
so I came up hollered; where is everyone?? ...
I heard gigles and shhh...
go down to the girls' room and found EVERY SINGLE ONE on the top bunk of the bunkbed...dirty, with popsicles laying down hiding...
so I sent them ALL home...made my girls get in their own bed...and made Noah lie on the couch...
have HAD IT...

hugs.gif

I feel you!

I am just SO glad school started back this week!
Our neighbor girl use to knock knock knock knock on the door and stare at us while we were eating AFTER I told her to go home because the boys had to come in for dinner or lunch.
....awkward

Shed knock knock knock on the the door (causing my dogs to bark) AFTER I told her the boys are taking their naps, they can not come out to play for 2 hours. (So naturally she came back every 20 minutes knocking)

Knock Knock Knock Knock Knock Knock Knock Knock Knock Knock
Can I have some water?
Um, Beaus doing that!
Um, Ashtons doing this!
So and So wont share!
Can I play with the kittens?

barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

STOP!

lol.png

I have ignored her for hours on end before
hide.gif

I will NOT let anyone but my kids come in the house. They use to ask ALL the time but they learned that they could not come in.
Usually I dont let my kids over there (the neighbors I think deal drugs as well... and their kids REEK of cigarettes.). I told them if they ever think about going in that house... well they better not think they are going out to play EVER again (they dont risk that).

Dont people wonder where their 3 and 5 year olds are for hours on end?!?!?!
We have a known Child Molester that lives in front of us!
ep.gif

Last edited:
Around the corner from me was my 6 year old's best friend from school. I would have loved for her to come over and play, but every time she did it was unannounced with her and her 3-4 sisters ranging in ages from 3-8. Umm, I had a new baby who was 7 weeks premature, and 18 month old, and my 6 year old. I had just had kidney surgery. I thought I was doing good watching my own kids, let alone mine plus these. I told them once they could play if they stayed outside so my babies could sleep. They kept on coming in anyway, going through my house and making themselves at home. The littler ones would pick up ALL my daughters toys, get every single one out, and ask every few minutes if she could have this or that. The ones outside (who I couldn't watch since the other ones kept coming in) were out in my coop dumping a whole 5 gallon buckets worth of chicken feed on the ground for the chickens to eat, and making a mess of the coop I had just cleaned. I REALLY wanted to take all my kids over there and drop them on her doorstep( my middle child is adorable and can be sweet, but is the ultimate brat, lol), but I had never met this lady, and I want to know who my kids are with and where. And really, my daughters friend and ONE of her sisters would have been fine to just show up and play, but what kind of evil person just sends over her 5 children to someones house? Who she doesn't even know?

I use to be Grand Central Station here too! It gets old, I feel ya. I started college and NO ONE comes around. Cranky much? Who me?
hide.gif
I think you will just have to tell the kiddos that your working and they will have to come over another day and play. This will not stop until you stop it. Trust me, I had kids running out my ears. It cost enough to feed your own these days, much less several other little mouths.

so, I sent those kids home; as I said in an earlier reply to my post...

but now the dad is outside screaming obscenities...lovely...

and apparently; the almost 3 yr old in diapers, pacifier and doesnt talk...
really DOES talk...my hubby heard her..yelling "EFF YOU" while over here..
(but it wasnt "f"..you know what it was...)...

<sigh> the things we think are important to teach our children...

Back
Top Bottom