patients wearing thin GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mgw

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Eastern Wa.
We have 5 BSLs hatched 3rd week of march. I am so waiting for eggs that its not funny. I have done everything I can think of to get them to lay,including motivational speeches.They seem ready to lay combs & wattles have turned red, ect. I am starting to think that they are just to spoiled & lazy. If DW & DDs & I wernt so attached to them I am sure they would already have a beer can stuck in thier rear ends & be joining us for a BBQ LOL . Are there any others out there with thier patience wearing thin GRRRRRR!!!

Sounds like any day now. Unless they are laying in hidden nest or something is stealing the eggs.

Have you tried squeezing them?
gig.gif

Similiar trouble in OH with some Buff Orps. I think its the heat here though, these heavy breeds that lay good in the winter handle the cold better than they do the heat so it may just take alittle longer than normal. Be patient. Good things come to those who wait. It sounds like they should just now be starting to lay maybe. It can take up to 24 weeks for some just to start.

thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
They are cofined to the coop run no free ranging so sad. so i dont think they are hiding the eggs . Weve only had about a week & ahalf of heat 80s low 90s so not sure if it is a factor. Just not very patient

I know you don't want to hear it, but I think it's still a bit early. You should get eggs by this time next month though. It's the pits waiting for that first one isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom