1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

patridge beak out for a day but still not fully hatched

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lakeview farms, Aug 19, 2018.

1. lakeview farms

lakeview farms In the Brooder

Jun 14, 2016
    Accra Ghana
    Hi

I am incubating pheasants and patridge eggs for the first time. At day 25 today, none of the 100 ring neck and black neck pheasant eggs are piped yet. 3 patridge eggs are piped with one making bird sounds for a day but still not out yet. The humility was over 80% yesterday and temperature 38 celsius, as recommended by incubater manufacturer. Any ideas on what to do next? Had a few blackouts during first 19 days so not sure if that is the cause of delays. Eggs were sent from uk to ghana by dhl.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member Premium Member 7 Years

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I only found this thread now.. Update on the hatch?

3. lakeview farms

Jun 14, 2016
    Accra Ghana
    The patridge chick with the beak out died in its shell yesterday. I took it out of the shell after it stopped breathing and realized it was fully formed. Guess should have assisted earlier. Nothing is happening with the pheasants eggs which are on day 28 today, no pips nothing.

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member Premium Member 7 Years

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully the pheasants will do better for you.

5. lakeview farms

Jun 14, 2016
    Accra Ghana
    Dont think they will do great either, shipment had its toll on them. Thinking of importing live chicks instead

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: