PATTY I have babies!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by herechickchick, Dec 8, 2008.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Well I have 2 EE/Marans cross babies. They are solid black with single combs and feathers shanks. The little buggers hatched early and they were sitting in the egg turner this morning. I will keep you posted.

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I'm not Patty, but I wanted to do a happy dance for you. [​IMG] [​IMG] Congrats on your peeps! [​IMG]

3. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Thanks Jody!

4. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Patty LOOK!

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    That is GREAT!!! I am guessing if they are solid black... two pullets??? maybe? I sure hope so! In the batch I hatched about half had pea combs, and half did not. Still, hopefully they will lay gorgeous olive eggs for you! Plus you could cross them back to a cuckoo marans to get back to barred and a darker egg. You would have to go back to EE or Ameraucana to get the pea comb look though... I am SO happy something came from it! Congratulations!!! post pics!

7. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I am thinking 2 girls too! YEAH!!! I want to send you some money lady! At least to cover the shipping. Please [​IMG]

8. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I PM'd you my paypal... I am glad some made it all the way to hatching. Since they were collected over time, from just one hen, I had my doubts that many would be fertile by the time I gathered eight and shipped them. How do you think the sawdust was for padding/insulation? If you had me to do it over would you have rathered I used styrofoam peanuts? This is the first and only eggs I ever shipped, so any helpful critique is appreciated.

9. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hey, when these chicks I have grow up, I have a pea combed (looks like a) roo chick that I want to cross back on the hen. Can I send you more eggs when that cross happens?

Edit to add, he is a pea combed barred chick. at least i HOPE it is a roo.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  10. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Congrats on the new chicks! [​IMG]
    We must have pics please! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by