Pawhut 77" Wooden Chicken Coop???

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Nyla, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Nyla

Nyla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2017
    Griffith, Indiana
    Hello! I'm building a chicken coop but thought maybe buy one instead. Has anyone had this coop? How many chickens can it house? Is it worth the money?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    It looks small, wouldn't hold many. You did not mention the cost----probably close $1000 my guess. I got 67 chicken pens and got probably less than $500 in all of the coops in them. I have had as many as 1232 chickens in them, BUT, BUT I am not after looks because mine are on the back of the farm. My chickens ONLY roost in them at night---no food or water in them and the nesting boxes are always outside the coop. A lot were made out of free pallets with recycled tin tops. Some of my coops will hold 50 layers and only cost $30 to build-----that's for the used tin on top. The rest was free. Its according to what you want!!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  3. rosemarythyme

rosemarythyme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2016
    Pac NW
    That coop is big enough for 2, maybe 3. The nest boxes are using up a lot of space that they're counting as part of the coop footprint, but nestboxes aren't really usable floorspace.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by