1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pawhut Deluxe Chicken Coop, PIC'S on page 2 & 4

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by MamaChic21, Feb 5, 2011.

1. MamaChic21

MamaChic21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Jackson, NJ
    I got this pawhut deluxe chicken coop from ebay brand new for $177.50 including free shipping. I put it together just now and only took me abour 45 minutes.
    This coop is for my White Beauty and her 5 week old chic. Later this will be used for other reasons. I only have to make a run and put some wheels on it to make it portable [​IMG], that's tomorrows project and I will definately put some pic up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B003BADXBO/ref=dp_otherviews_5?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&img=5

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  2. minichic

minichic Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Looks real nice and can't beat the price. Does the seller have an e-bay store?

3. aukuma

aukuma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    W PA
    I've been looking at these on ebay. How is the quality? I'm concerned it will only last a year or through 1 winter (I'm in PA). I have one on my watch list I was going to make an offer on. PM me your sellers ID so I can see if I'm looking at the same seller, please?

I think I will only have 2 to 4 chickens in it.

Thanks!!!!!

4. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I was looking at that on ebay too....... lol. I was thinking about building one.... HA! We all have good taste.

5. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    I love the look of this and have seen them on Amazon and Ebay, I was afraid of the price and quality of it. So does it feel sturdy in person? Would you recommend it? [​IMG]

6. MamaChic21

Dec 2, 2010
    Jackson, NJ
    I would definately recommend it. It looks very nice, functional, it's light weight but not too light like for the wind to flip it over. The intruction is only 1 page and has bunch of numbers and few pictures. It was fairly easy to assemble but you need to be a bit experience. It all comes in pre-drilled, just have to screw it. I was searching high and low to get a great price for a-frame 3x4 but it was too expensive. The least expensive I found was $1,000 including the run & wheels. With this, I paid $177.50 and I got 2 different set of wheels from Harbor freight, 1 is $14.99 each the other is $6.99. I have to see tomorrow which wheel will work. I was thinking of making it like a wheelbarrow. Overall, I am very happy and pleased about getting it. I guess depending on how you use it, meaning maintaining it regularly and where you put it has to do with how long the coop will last.

*I will make the run with 2x2 or 2x4 that I got just in case I come up with a new project [​IMG] and I already have hardware wire. I think the wheels will be a greater challenge [​IMG]

7. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    [​IMG] Well I definitely want to see pictures when you have it all set up. [​IMG]

8. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I Like it! Good price too.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    what kind of wood is used? I don't see that well but it appears to be cedar. I always thought cedar fumes were toxic to chickens. If it isn't cedar - nevermind!!

10. MamaChic21

Dec 2, 2010
    Jackson, NJ
    Let me see if I can go to the garage with my pj's and get a pic and post it. But hopefully when and/or if I'm done with the run, I will post it. I am really excited about this coop [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by