Pay it forward

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 92caddy, Nov 1, 2009.

1. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    Ive been on the down and out the last month or so, so for a pick-me-up, Im going to GIVE a $25.00 ?Ideal Poultry gift certificate away for FREEEEE!

Now, to be able to get it, YOU must tell me why YOU deserve it OR why SOMEONE you know deserves it. You can ONLY nominate YOURSELF or SOMEONE else, thats it, only you or one other person.

I want to hear YOUR saddest story or your friend's saddest story, or how someone has helped you out in the most caring giving way, in a way such that you would never be able to repay that person for being so helpful.

This will open Sunday Nov. 1st and will close on Friday Nov. 6th. and I will pick the winner on Sunday Nov. 8th. (I will need time to read all the posts and decide)

2. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    Thats so very generous of you!

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    What a generous and wonderful idea! Thanks for doing this. I am sure there are many deserving people out there.

4. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I nominate Shay20, she lost almost all her birds in a coop fire. She has to start from scratch. I sent her some of my beautiful Silkie eggs but the p.o. rendered them infertile (popped all the air cells). I feel so sad for her. I think she deserves this. [​IMG]

*edited for typos!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  5. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Quote:Oh my goodness. Shay20 is such a sweet person I am going to have to second this !!

6. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:Oh my goodness. Shay20 is such a sweet person I am going to have to second this !!

I therd this she is a asome perison

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY

I therd this she is a asome perison

I fourth this, I just can't imagine the pain she went through! I sent her some quail, but my birds are almost done laying. Idk if the eggs will do any good [​IMG]

8. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    This isn't for the contest, just an example of someone helping another person.

I got a box of clothing for myself and five hundred dollars from an unknown person because they knew my family had it tough. I have no idea who sent me the money but one day, I will do the same for someone else. [​IMG]

9. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I hope Shay20 wins. When will we find out? [​IMG]

10. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Quote:I therd this she is a asome perison

I fourth this, I just can't imagine the pain she went through! I sent her some quail, but my birds are almost done laying. Idk if the eggs will do any good [​IMG]

I fifth this! Shay20 is a very nice person and IMO, she deserves it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by