Paying it Forward...... Free Eggs Winners PG 5 Announced..

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lockedhearts, May 1, 2009.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I believe in "paying it forward" , when I was having a tough time while waiting for my Unemployment decision, several people were kind to me.
    I have decided, now that things are somewhat back to normal to help someone else out.
    If I had not had my chickens during the tough times and eggs to hatch, I would have gotten very depressed.

I will send at least a dozen (likely more) eggs to someone deserving. The will be Barred Rock, Blue Orp, Buff Orp, RIR , Cochin and Buff Orp Rooster on RIR hen. I will also include a couple Bronze Turkey eggs.

Everything is Pure except the RIR/BO eggs. My Cochins are mixed colors right now.

I will make a decision Monday at 10am and announce the winner. These will ship by next Friday ( I can adjust shipping if needed)

Have Fun and I hope this catches on. I think this is wonderful thing we can do to help.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Karen, you're super sweet to offer this. I'm sitting here trying to think of a good reason to ask for these and for the life of me I can't come up with one. I've been so blessed by the generosity of others on this board. Thanks for paying it forward.

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

How very sweet of you. I know I dont deserve them....I have been blessed in more ways than I can count...Im sure you will find someone deserving to send them to....altho...I wouldnt turn down blue orps! [​IMG]

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I was raised with Good Morals and taught to "Do unto others" if it had not been for the kindness and generosity of people when I was having a tough time, I would not have made it through. I can't afford to give tons to charity, but I help where I can.
    I also give a dozen eggs a week to my neighbor, she is divorced and retired, her son lost his job and moved home, he has custody of his 2 kids. I know things are tight there and if eggs will help in some small way it is the least I can do.

5. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    This is so nice of you![​IMG] There are so many wonderful giving people on this site! I hope to follow in your foot steps soon! But my Favorelle pullets seem like they are NEVER going to lay an egg![​IMG]
    But when they do...I will have 9 hens!! Then I will have lots of fresh eggs to share!! I can't wait! I tell them everyday that they need to get with the program...they don't listen very well!!

6. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    How nice of you [​IMG] I can't think of any reason why I'd be more deserving than others. I hate tooting my own horn or sounding selfish in any way. Makes me feel bad. But I will say that whoever wins your eggs, should be very happy [​IMG] All those breeds....such pretty chickens in the making! Blue chickens are one of my favorite colors, so those Orps sound very interesting looking! I don't believe I've seen those before.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, you know I am more than blessed with all my birds, a great husband and friends like you, so I'm wont ask for them for me. This is a nice thing to do for someone, but it's just like you. [​IMG]

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Wow, so many wonderful people on this board! I'm sure there are many that want and deserve these eggs, I would love to have them, but I just sold one of my bators. My other bator will be full for a while, and then I have the hatcher. I can't wait till I have enough extra money so I can do something like this!

9. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Open it up for nominations.... I nominate a newbie, pick one.

10. StoneBridge Farm

StoneBridge Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    SE Ohio
    That is very nice! Not sure that I deserve them anymore than anyone else.. but would love to have them. That is also my motto as of late, Pay it forward. I think that if more people would go by this motto the world would be a better place! I am also a big supporter of bartering. I keep thinking that farmers markets should set up a barter system. Thats' how it was done in the old days....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by