Paying more per dozen?

ozark_chickies

Songster
8 Years
Jun 19, 2011
Arkansas
I just started selling eggs, and priced them slightly higher than store bought white eggs, but one to two dollars cheaper than free range/cage free/organic. My birds are cage free and mostly free range, but do get commercial laying pellets, so they aren't organic. Now I have two customers who request brown eggs only, and insist to pay more than my asking price. Is it fair of me to accept higher payment from them, even though they are getting the same product as everyone else, minus a few white eggs? One man even brought me 10 egg cartons, and refused the carton discount I offer.

Yes, it's ok to accept more. You have great customers who "get it". They understand how hard you work in caring for your chickens, price of feed, etc. My organic customers give me $5.00 per dozen and refuse to pay regular price. Accept the higher price and be thankful you have such great customers.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Thanks, I get it now. I felt a little funny about it, because I don't see any difference between my brown and white eggs, except the color.

Back
Top Bottom