PayPal Hacked

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by herfrds, Mar 1, 2012.

1. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Was not fun finding that out.
    I have disputed the claim for funds. Called our bank and they told us we were lucky that this person did not clean out our accounts. Changed my paypal account password and when I get my money back I plan to close that account plus our bank has advised us to change our account numbers with them.

So much to do because some slimey person used eBay to charge me $95 for a pound of salt. Yeah I couldn't believe that when I saw it.

so much to clean up.

Any other suggestions or things I should look out for?

2. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    This has happened to us too. It's so annoying [​IMG]One important thing- have you used your Paypal password for anything else? If so, change it! Mail account, BYC login...ect. They may look through other things of yours and try the same passwords...

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I despise pay pal.

4. herfrds

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Thanks StarLover. No. All of my passwords are different from the one I used on that account.

5. herfrds

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    I did not use the link provided in the e-mail but tried to log into my account directly and since they had put a limitation on my account I could not log in until I changed my pass word.
    I also ended up calling and emailing paypal and spoke with one of their people. After dealing with their automatic answering system I was not in a good mood.

6. herfrds

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate paypal right now.

They found in my favor for the $95 and transfered the funds into my account. Ok.
    BUT they did nothing to stop the hacker who attempted it once again!!!

So thanks to my bank they kept paypal from transfering any funds out of our account, so paypal put my account back under limitations. So I cannot transfer the money back to my bank account nor close the paypal account.

Hope paypal likes my e-mail. No I was not nice nor did I use polite terms.

can hardly wait to get rid of this headache.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by