PayPal ? Need help ASAP

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by S n M Poultry, Jun 3, 2008.

1. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    i just signed up with paypal and i was wondering if you had to have a bank account for it to work? Thanks in advance.

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    You either need a bank account or a credit card, I believe.

3. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    To be verified I think you do, but I don't think it's required.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Credit card for the instant payment. Bank account if you only want to be able to do the e-checks. Lots of egg sellers don't do the e-checks because they can take several days to clear.

5. S n M Poultry

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    So can i use it is i dont have either of those [​IMG] lol im sorry but im stupid when it comes to this sort of stuff..

6. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Sounds like you can use it without having either. [​IMG] I think PayPal in and of itself acts as a type of bank for holding money.

7. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Get a fee-free checking-- and just tell them you DON'T WANT ANY CHECKS, Jeff. SHRED any they send AFTER making ABSOLUTELY SURE they didn't charge your account for the darn checks. Treat it like a savings account, thereafter. See?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  8. S n M Poultry

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    ok so lets say i sold some eggs for $40 and i needed to take $10 to send them out. Can i withdraw money from some were?

9. S n M Poultry

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    d.k :

* Get a fee-free checking-- and just tell them you DON'T WANT ANY CHECKS, Jeff. SHRED any they send after making SURE they didn't charge your account for the darn checks. Treat it like a savings account, thereafter.

How do i do this?​

10. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:You'd have to get one of paypal's debit cards, and then you would be subjected to fees for withdrawl & then again from the ATM you used.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by