PayPal now holds seller funds for 21 days!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crazy Chicken Fever, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Crazy Chicken Fever

Crazy Chicken Fever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Capac
    Big business is paying games again, PayPal has decided to put a 21 day hold on all seller funds even if your account is in perfect standing with zero disputes, and zero negative feedback. I have had a PayPal account for 8 years and never had one single bad transaction. Then I get an email today, that is effective today saying that PayPal is holding my money due to new policy. I'm told this is a random thing and not discriminatory. When I called I was told the hold is due to the fact that I have had less then 25 transactions with feedback in the last 60 days, so basically I'm not doing enough business on PayPal. Does that give PayPal the right put a hold on my profits? Must be nice to hold someone else's money and collect 21 days worth of interest on it while the seller fronts the shipping costs. I need everyone's help on this...... Facebook gives us a voice against big business.... dislike PayPal, or voice your opinion and share it with your friends. They should not be grouping the good account holders with the bad. Your help is much appreciated. Paypal, the consumer now has other options for online trading, you should really reconsider this new policy.

I posted this exact message on PayPals facebook fan page. Go there and voice your opinion on this please.

2. Crazy Chicken Fever

Crazy Chicken Fever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Capac
    How funny to know that PayPal has already deleted my comment from their wall

3. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    On my account the hold is for 21 days but all have been available the day after item/items have been deliverd... I hated it at first but used to it, buyer protection that way they know they have the funds if needed to refund... Kinda understand

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    hey SnN, I bought egg trays and a candler from you! Great service, would do buisiness again!!! A++++ ebayer, lol

5. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    They did that to me too!!!! They sent me an email telling me they were going to hold my funds for 21 days.
    However they didn't! They let me have it after 7 days.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Odd, I have not received that email. [​IMG]

7. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    neither have i........ [​IMG] gonna check on it though

edited to add:

here is the actual clause:

10.4 Actions by PayPal - Holds.

Risk-Based Holds. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may place a hold on any or all of the payments you receive when PayPal believes there may be a high level of risk associated with you, your Account, or any or all of your transactions. PayPal’s determination may be based on a number of different factors and PayPal may rely on information it receives from its third party partners such as eBay. If PayPal places a hold on a payment, the funds will appear in your “Pending Balance” and the payment status will show as “Completed - Funds not yet available”. If PayPal places a hold on any or all of the payments you receive PayPal will provide you with notice of our actions. PayPal will release the hold on any payment after 21 Days from the date the payment was received into your Account unless you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal or PayPal has taken another action permitted under this Section 10. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may release the hold earlier under certain circumstances, for example PayPal may release the hold earlier if you have uploaded tracking information. If you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal, PayPal may continue holding the payment in your Account until the matter is resolved pursuant to this Agreement.​

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  8. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I know of this hold you speak of. I have funds on hold this very moment.

I do think it may be to prevent unscrupulous sellers from selling a ton of fake items or whatnot, who then move the cash out of their account quickly, close everything, and disappear before paypal tries to recoup those funds.

9. quercus21

quercus21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Tivoli, NY
    I haven't received or had problems with paypal. My paypal sales are split between the paypal virtual terminal and etsy.

Kaj

10. Stephanie739

Stephanie739 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Quote:I paid via Paypal for what was supposed to be MS Office on ebay, but was shipped a blank disk. The selller closed shop as soon as the disk was shipped. They had some positive feedback [​IMG] I never did report it, but I suppose things like this happen often.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by