Paypal problems???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SundownWaterfowl, Oct 4, 2011.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

This morning I tried to print shipping labels with paypal, and that didn't work, so I had to use the usps website. Somebody sent me a payment and I try to print out the transaction details but it will not print out. Is anybody else having problems?

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    No, but for te life of me, I don't know why they want to issue me a 1099 for 2012???? Do you know what that is about????

3. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:Did you get an email or something stating that?

I found this on the website. This is if you have a paypal money market fund.
    You will receive a 1099 tax statement if you earned more than $10 in dividends in the previous calendar year. There are two ways you can receive a 1099 statement:

Paper statement: If you signed up to receive a paper statement during the previous calendar year, you should receive the statement in the mail by mid-February.

Electronic statement: Here's how you can access your 1099 tax statement online:

For Business Account Members:

1.Log in to your PayPal account.
    2.Click Products & Services.
    3.Click Useful Tools.
    4.Under Money Management, click Learn More next to PayPal Money Market Fund.
    5.Click 1099.

Note: 1099 statements are not required if you earned less than $10 in dividends. In this case, neither you nor the IRS will receive one, and the 1099 link will not display.

6.Select the statement, and then click View.

For Personal or Premier Account Members:

1.Log in to your PayPal account.
    2.Click Products & Services.
    3.Click PayPal Money Market Fund under the More products and services section.
    4.Click Go to my Money Market Fund account.
    5.Click 1099.

Note: 1099 statements are not required if you earned less than $10 in dividends. In this case, neither you nor the IRS will receive one, and the 1099 link will not display.​

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  4. SundownWaterfowl

Also found this

How will I know if IRC Section 6050W affects me? PayPal will track the payment volume of your account(s) to check whether your payment volume goes above both of these levels in a calendar year:

$20,000 USD in gross payment volume from sales of goods or services in a single year
    200 payments for goods or services in the same year
    Before your payment volume exceeds the reporting thresholds, you’ll be asked to add your tax ID number, such as a Social Security Number (SSN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN), to your existing account(s), if you don’t already have one on file.

If you cross the IRS thresholds in 2011, PayPal will send Form 1099-K to you and the IRS for the 2011 tax year in early 2012.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=marketing_us/IRS6050W

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by