paypal setup question

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by key west chick, Jul 29, 2010.

1. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Im finally setting me up paypal. Its asking how I would like to pay, from my bank account or credit card. Does anyone prefer one over the other? My card is a debit card so it would come straight out of my bank account anyway.

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    To me it seems "safer" to have it linked to your bank account. It is easy to overspend if you have it linked to a credit card.

3. Stevo

Stevo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Howell, NJ
    Open another account that you can transfer funds to. Use that debit card for paypal and before a purchase just transfer the funds into the account. This way if for some reason someone does hack into the account they wont be in your primary bank account.

4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Yeah, that too. [​IMG]

5. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Quote:That. Except I just opened a free account for paypal only and I have it linked directly to that account instead of to a card from that account. I only use that account for paypal, so no other need for a debit card on the account.

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I opened up a free bank account just to attach my Paypal account to. I used to use a credit card, but I shut that down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by