PayPal users BEWARE

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dustin Biery, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    My paypal account was hacked today to the tune of $120. I know it isn't much, but at this point in time, I need all my money. Keep an eye on your accounts!

2. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    What if anything does PayPal say about this?
    Have you contacted them and lodged a complaint?

3. Dustin Biery

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Oh yeah, I contacted them as soon as I could following. I not only disputed the transactions, I also called them. They said it would take up to 10 days, but I would get my money back.

4. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    I stopped dealing with them a few years back. I kept getting some suspicious emails regarding my account, so I closed it down.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you.

5. Dustin Biery

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    TY, I do appreciate it. I am thinking accidentally openning one of those emails is how they got my password. Really makes me mad. But if they make it right, I can't help but give them another chance. I had it happen with my bank account a long time ago, but never online.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I too have gotten suspicious emails. They are called 'spoofs' and they should be reported. I haven't had any trouble yet, but thanks for the warning! An anti-virus program will help avoid those spoof emails.

7. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    keep in mind, the kind of emails that should send up a flag is things asking for you to log in to fix an account problem, never click a link in an email saying they are from paypal, but sign into your account directly- i almost fell for it and backout real fast

8. popcornpuppy

popcornpuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
    I have fallen victim to the scam emails to the tune of $200. It was a year ago, I got the money back and it was more like 3 weeks. They only count in buisness days [​IMG]
    Paypal did make good so you should your money back with out a problem, just don't panic if it's longer than what they said. Good luck [​IMG]

9. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Always report those emails to Pay Pal, Ebay, Your Bank, etc, they have people and software to deal with them.
    Get the reportable website for all the above add it to your address bok and then forward all such email.

Forward fakes to [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  10. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    It's not just me. I had some very strange stuff going on with my account. I even had a pair of used Womens size 2 jeans show up at my house.They were sent by a seller from Cali. I have no idea who bought them. My daughter is a size 6,& we'll leave my wifes size out of this. [​IMG] I checked my account and it was locked. I closed my regular bank account that was tied to it. I'm at a loss with it rite now.I cant even pull up the contact page. Does any one have the contact # for Ebay or Paypal?.....PAYPAL USERs BEWARE!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by