1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PDF for Organic Treatments

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Oaknim, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Oaknim

Oaknim Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Sylvia, KS
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum as of 5 minutes ago! And as of today, my chicks have what I suspect to be a cocci infection. I found this link to a PDF concerning organic treatments for all sorts of ailments for chickens (I'm big on organics). Hope this helps someone! ~ Oaknim

http://www.kingbirdfarm.com/Layerhealthcompendium.pdf

2. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    Wow that's great, I'm going to take a look right now. Btw, Welcome to BYC!

3. Oaknim

Apr 25, 2007
    Sylvia, KS
    Thanks! I've been lurking for awhile now and decided I wanted to join into the fun, rather than be a wall flower. I've read a lot of questions by members on organics and every single one of my animals is treated organically, with herbs and homeopathic treatments. I'm not a purist, so if push comes to shove and they need meds or they'll die, I'll choose life and take those meds! I even worm the kids with DE and we all drink a teaspoon of bentonite clay a week - my family thinks I'm crazy, but I've always been weird, so why stop now? [​IMG] ~ Oaknim

4. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    Oaknim,
    It sounds like you'll be a great addition to the site. I know I'm all for the organic approach whenever possible as are many members here on BYC.

5. Oaknim

Apr 25, 2007
    Sylvia, KS
    You're so nice, Accidental Farm! My head is going to explode if it gets any bigger...[​IMG]

Another good link is:

http://www.theholistichorse.com

This is where I buy all of my wormer for my animals and their ground flax seed. I like her wormer because it contains probiotics, grapeseed extract, bentonite, and ground flaxseed. All of her DE is food grade - she's a wonderfully nice lady!

I've already learned so much from BYC and I love seeing everyone's pictures! I need to stop procrastinating and put some pics on here myself. [​IMG] ~ Oaknim

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  6. MarkR

MarkR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Ivy, Virginia
    Thanks Oaknim! That's much appreciated.

Mark

7. MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Philly, PA
    This is exactly what I have been looking for. Thank you muchly. [​IMG]