Peace reigneth!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cookinmom, May 4, 2007.

1. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Well, my 7 cockerels have gone to their new home. [​IMG] [​IMG] They'll probably be going to their final destination tomorrow.
    The guy I gave them to said he'll probably be going ahead and eating them soon.

The girls were so distraught -- they immediately lined up along the fence and took a leisurely dust bath! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  2. MarkR

MarkR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Ivy, Virginia
    Yep. I've always suspected that's my wife's reaction if I go away for the weekend. [​IMG]

Mark

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:My DH is going away for the weekend.... I can tell you that you're correct! [​IMG]
    Not that I won't miss him... but it will be nice to do nothing and not have to make dinner!

4. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    cookinmom, Glad your hens are finding the peace they deserve. Pecking order and too many males in the flock is a serious problem, that talking about just isn't enough education until you actually see it first hand.

Hen House is the old phrase that seems forgot somehow.

Good Luck with your flock.

bigzio

5. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    My DH is going away for the weekend.... I can tell you that you're correct! gig
    Not that I won't miss him... but it will be nice to do nothing and not have to make dinner!

Carri, my DH says you'll be able to take a nice dustbath too!

cookinmom, Glad your hens are finding the peace they deserve. Pecking order and too many males in the flock is a serious problem, that talking about just isn't enough education until you actually see it first hand.

Hen House is the old phrase that seems forgot somehow.

Good Luck with your flock.

bigzio

Thanks, bigzio! I like the idea of a henhouse. They already seem more relaxed! Now I'll feel more comfortable with letting them out to range in the yard a little in the evenings (with me out there too of course). I just didn't feel I could keep a good enough eye on 16! There are too many critters around here to leave 'em unattended, one being our own lab!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by