chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
7205_peachy_baby_3.jpg

7205_peahy_4.jpg

Now 3 days old

Of course she has to be born at night when it got down to 48 degrees here....
roll.png
Only 12 lbs, no bottom teeth and floppy ears. It took forever warming her up to even be able for her to look alive. I kept her in the house as she was so weak, milked momma ( fun trying to milk a POed momma llama) to get some colustrum... She is a fussy eater and at first didn't want anything to do with it. My friend came the next day with coulstrum and goats milk. We tubed her and also milked the mom again a few times. Peaches became stronger and started eating better. She still can't stand for long, but with a towel around her belly I let her walk all over the backyard while she visits with mom. Mom sleeps outside the window so she can see Peaches and I let them visit a few times a day. Feedings every 2 hours round the clock and she's doing better and better

Last edited:
Glad she has you to be so attentive! I love that brown = sign on the side of her face!

Question, out of sheer curiosity, do you ever milk llamas for your own use? I know in South America they often are used for milk, just like camels in the Middle East.

Back
Top Bottom