Peachick ate some carpet

Soothsayer

Hatching
Jul 27, 2020
So I have a near week old Peachick (most likely a India Blue Pied, but none of our peahens and peacocks have records of their lineages so they're a mystery) and they imprinted on me, but I don't have any other peachicks (at the moment) so whenever I leave the room where the brooder is, they peep rather loudly.. for an ungodly amount of time. They also peep if I go to the other side of the kitchen, or even to the other side of the room from where the brooder is
So, I decided to let them run around for a bit while I work on miscellaneous stuff (while I did already have the room closed off from the stairs and the other rooms)
But while I was walking around, I see they are holding what looked to be a string from carpet in their beaks. So I immediately panicked and tried to pick them up to drop it, but alas, they had already swallowed it. I put them back in the brooder and they kept on running around, making a mess of their food, etc. And they drank a good bit of water.
Their brooder has flat carpet since it is in a tank so we can see what the chicks are doing (which we have used the tank as a brooder for years) and the carpet is rather stiff in it. Pearl (the name of the peachick) also has a habit of trying to eat random strings off of towels or clothes.
Will they be alright? They seem to be fine right now.

Back
Top Bottom