Peachick found wedged upside down very distressed

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by On the Farm, Aug 14, 2010.

1. On the Farm

On the Farm New Egg

Aug 14, 2010
    I found my 10 day old peacchick peeping at the top of his lungs upside down wedged between wall and metal base peeping as loud as he could when I rescued him he was cold and not setting up when I uprighted him, I took him in and wrapped him in a colth and held him he is sleeping , now on and off , I gave him some water with eye dropper and some electrolytes via eye dropper to he can now set up on breast but can not stand just yet, he can grasp my finger with his feet , what else should I be doing for him this is my first year breeding Peafowl These guys are with there mom and she has been seperated from the flock as I have another hen setting and this hen pecked her off her nest and started pecking her eggs, I love these birds and have done some research but they don'e tell you about this stuff, thanks to anyone who takes the time and has and understanding to these bird I love them with all my heart and soul! By the way I have four male and six female from whites to Black, pied and India Blue.

2. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like your doing a good job. If the chick didn't tear a tendon it should be up and around soon.

Steve

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Just keep him warm with a heat lamp, perhaps give him some scrambled eggs for strength and wait. Hopefully when the shock and stress wears off he'll be back to himself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by