peachick has one swollin eye and blocked nose

rwh1999

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2015
hi one of my two peachicks has a swollen eye and blocked nose both on the left side. it is drowsy but it eats and drinks, it has slowed down with its growing and it is about two weeks old. got it from the market at about a week old. it is about two weeks old now. it started one morning when i went out to check on it and noticed that its eye was closed. i left it and it stayed the same all day. the next day its eye was covered in a white film which i pulled out, it had the same film the next day, but not after that. each morning its eye is glued closed with snot it chirps diffrent and gurgles as it breathes. i have put garlic in its water. does anyone know what it is and how to cure? i have one peachick in the cage with it but it is not showing any signs, its growing fast, and is very lively and healthy looking.

If it were my peachick I would take it to a vet or treat it with Baytril or Cipro. Can you post a picture of it's eye?

-Kathy

hi one of my two peachicks has a swollen eye and blocked nose both on the left side. it is drowsy but it eats and drinks, it has slowed down with its growing and it is about two weeks old. got it from the market at about a week old. it is about two weeks old now. it started one morning when i went out to check on it and noticed that its eye was closed. i left it and it stayed the same all day. the next day its eye was covered in a white film which i pulled out, it had the same film the next day, but not after that. each morning its eye is glued closed with snot it chirps diffrent and gurgles as it breathes. i have put garlic in its water. does anyone know what it is and how to cure? i have one peachick in the cage with it but it is not showing any signs, its growing fast, and is very lively and healthy looking.

here are some pictures:
the one lying down is the healthy one as you can see the sick one doesnt have much "get up and go" in it

the one lying down is the healthy one as you can see the sick one doesnt have much "get up and go" in it

difference in eyesleft one is swollen underneath

swollen eye, you can see the blocked

swollen eye

good eye closed

gammy eye

good eye

the healthy one is much bigger

I wonder if it has more than one thing going on? Peachicks will often have a respiratory infection and coccidiosis. Do you have any Corid?

-Kathy

i will have a look for some
thank you for your help
have you seen this problem before?

sorry i didnt read your thread
that is amazing it recovered fast where do you get Baytril IM
thanks again for your help

Back
Top Bottom