Peachick Identification--PICS

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by allanimals21, Jul 12, 2011.

1. allanimals21

allanimals21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Ok. So here are the 3 peas I hatched this last week. I assume they are pretty self explanatory. But if they are actually some other color or split can someone chime in? I'm tryin to get all of this but its alot to take in and understand.

First one here came out of an egg marked BK which I assume is Black Shoulder

[​IMG]

This one came out of egg mearked PD (Pied)

[​IMG]

Then This 3rd one is from my trio. Not sure which hen laid the egg. India Blue Pied Male, India Blue Hen, and BS hen
    [​IMG]

Last pic is of all 3 together
    [​IMG]

oh...and one more of baby pea sleeping on my lap
    [​IMG]

2. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    First one is definitely BS. Second one looks to be split pied or white... I don't see any white patches on it that would indicate that the chick is pied, but with only the top shown that is hard to tell. The white wing primaries say definitely split something with white though.

The third one looks like a blue... but if it's from your trio and there's only those birds in the pen, that's odd. With that male, I would think there would be white primaries on the third chick too. I'll stick around and see what others have to say.

(and as an aside, if I had to make a guess, I'd say your second pic is a girl and the third is a boy... let us know which they turn out when they are older!)

3. DMFarm

DMFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Winona Tx
    The first chick is blackshoulder the second chick if it came from pied parents it a dark pied. The third chick is a india blue split pied only a chick that split pied only will show no white if it out of the blackshoulder hen it is split blackshoulder also.

4. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    yes 1st black shoulder
    2nd dark pied (mate to a white to get 100% pied chicks)
    3rd blue split pied (mate this bird to a white ,pied, or bird with white flight to get pieds)

5. allanimals21

allanimals21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Quote:Well I hope your right about the sexes! LOL That would be the way I'd want it to work out. I will keep you posted and take pics of them at 2 weeks old for ya also

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by