So, I have read a lot of sites and heard a lot of people here say that peachicks are, for lack of a better word, fragile. Much more so than any other 'farm' bird I've raised, anyway. They have a high mortality rate between 0 and 8 weeks, I read. People won't sell them before X number of months so they don't die, I read. Feed them special this and special that, put special things in their water, etc. Protect them from drafts. But I haven't actually seen anything that says -why-. Are they particularly prone to spontaneous death? Are their genetics so weak that they die off? Are they prone to spontaneous disease generation? Is there a very specific cause of death, a specific disease to be avoided that is more prone to killing peachicks than others? Does mother nature just hate them because they are beautiful? Don't get me wrong, I follow the directions laid out by those who have come before me and know a lot better than I do, and my two seem fabulously healthy. But I've gotten curious.