1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Peachicks dying

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by iky114p, Jun 16, 2017.

1. iky114p

iky114p Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2016
    Hi have lost 2 peachicks in the brooder within 2 weeks the last one was about 12 days old he was fine until about the evening when he seemed lethargic not moving much stumbling not eating or drinking he died early morning so from me noticing he was ill to about 9 hours his poop was dark brown and watery he's been in the brooder from day one what could this be and what preventative measures should i take i dont want to lose any more chicks the same way its heartbreaking any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Could be a lot of things but Have you given them any grit. I use sand which I start within a few days of hatching---I have very few chicks of any breed(chicks, turkeys, peachicks, guinea's etc) dying. I just put a hand full in a saucer and then sprinkle a little each day of their feed. Good Luck

3. Midnightman14

Midnightman14 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2016
    I would get them onto wire as well. Raising on wire is one of the best ways to keep peafowl and gamebirds the first few months after hatching.

casportpony likes this.
  4. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    They die of hunger!
    Peachicks ... and their teachers!
    The chickens show them where to dring ... where to eat!

[​IMG]

What do they eat ?

Grit = when they eat grains .... do they eat grain at this age ???

casportpony likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by