Farmchickstogo

Chirping
Jul 17, 2021
In a few days, I will be picking up two one week old peachicks and I have a lot of questions. I have had an adult peacock before but he sadly passed away due to a dog attack, but I have never had any peachicks.
So question #1, would it be possible to put them with the chickens? (once they are old enough of course😉)
Question #2 if they did live with the chickens, would I have to deworm them? If so what kind do you guys recommend?
Question #3 if they can’t be with the chickens, would it be possible for them to live in a barn that has dirt floor, next to the coop, with my sheep? They would also free range on soil that the chickens have free ranged on before, I don’t know if that would affect anything or not but I’m trying to include all the details possible😂
And then my final question,I read an article somewhere and it mentioned something about when they put them on the ground they dewormed them, are the peachicks not supposed to be on the ground until a certain point?

Thanks for reading the whole thing, I really want these little guys to be as healthy and happy as possible.

Last edited:
I usually raise my peachicks with a few chicks. They can get diseases from them, but i haven't had any problems so far.
When the birds got older i moved the chickens out.
I'm not an expert on peafowl. I can't remember if it was 6 months or a year before they could be on dirt, because i put my peachicks out earlier.
You are supposed to worm peafowl frequently regardless. I use the safeguard goat wormer on mealworms.
Hopefully some others will chime in. When you click on the Peafowl thread it says "stickies" at the top if you click on it you will find some valuable information.

I usually raise my peachicks with a few chicks. They can get diseases from them, but i haven't had any problems so far.
I'm not an expert on peafowl. I can't remember if it was 6 months or a year before they could be on dirt, because i put my peachicks out earlier.
You are supposed to worm peafowl frequently regardless. I use the safeguard goat wormer on mealworms.
Hopefully some others will chime in. When you click on the Peafowl thread it says "stickies" at the top if you click on it you will find some valuable information.
Thank you! I don’t think I want to take the risk and put them with chicks when they are younger, but maybe that is something I will try in the future. I think I will look more into the Safeguard dewormer though!

I just picked up my peachick! His name is Indy. We also somehow ended up with a guinea keet named puffin.

Attachments

• C47B7EAA-6533-446F-8CB7-565B9B73CDDD.jpeg
    C47B7EAA-6533-446F-8CB7-565B9B73CDDD.jpeg
    444.5 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom