Peacock and Geese what temp. I forgot????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by erijn5, Mar 29, 2012.

1. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    I am getting ready to start my hovabator still air incubator, I'm putting geese and peacock eggs in there. I'm thinking it needed to be 102 is that correct? What is humidity for both..any quick answers?? Thanks [​IMG]

2. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    102 is correct

3. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Thank you!!!

4. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    any time [​IMG]

5. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL

Do you remember the humidity?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    [​IMG] anyone

7. adrian

adrian Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Regina, SK
    Keep the humidity for geese low as you would for chickens. 40-45%. Contrary to popular belief goose eggs have very thick shells and thus lose moisture less readily. Peacock eggs will probably fair well at that average humidity just as chicken eggs would.

Here, this is invaluable (from my experience) advice for hatching geese:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed

I have hatched this way for years, more or less... I would keep humidity at about 40-45% however, I wouldn't really go lower than 40. Just my opinion. You want the eggs to lose enough weight so that the goslings don't drown, as that can happen in such a large, thick-shelled egg. Peacock eggs from what I understand are incubated very much like chicken eggs. Because geese require low humidity when all is said and done to achieve the moisture loss they require... I think the two will be very compatible in the end. Good luck. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by